Media Advisory: Melwood Hosts ADA 30th Anniversary Event
July 23, 2020
Discussion will focus on employment issues from the perspective of legislators, employers, and advocates
Melwood is proud to present a roundtable discussion on the past, present, and future of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) with a focus on employment inclusion. Moderated by Melwood’s Interim President and CEO, Larysa Kautz, the discussion will feature unique perspectives from some of the nation’s leading employers, advocates, legislators, and nonprofit leaders.
What: ADA 2.0 – The Path from Access to Inclusion
When: Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Where: Register here for the virtual event. ASL and CART accommodations will be provided. (Registration Closed)
- Chairman Robert C. “Bobby” Scott (VA-03), Committee on Education and Labor, U.S. House of Representatives
- Larysa Kautz, Melwood Interim President & CEO
- Tim Fox, Client Executive, Midwest, Autism2Work, CAI, CAI
- Dr. Scott Michael Robertson, Policy Advisor, Employment-Related Supports Team, Office of Disability Employment Policy, Department of Labor
- Maria Town, President and CEO of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD)
- Teresa Thomas, Program Lead, Neurodiverse Talent Enablement, MITRE and Co-chair of the Autism at Work Roundtable, Capital Region
Melwood is one of the largest employers of people with disabilities in the country, employing more than 1,600 workers – nearly 1,000 of whom are people with disabilities. Melwood offers job placement, job training, life skills for independence, and support services to more than 2,500 people each year in DC, Maryland, and Virginia. Melwood also has an inclusive summer camp program for children and provides employment and support services to veterans and active duty military members who have experienced service-related trauma or injury. For more information, visit www.Melwood.org.
Director of Communications and Marketing